Thursday, August 16, 2012

Zoo!



While my sisters & mom were visiting, we decided to take a trip to our fun little local zoo.  (But first we stopped off at a little hole-in-the-wall institution for delicious donuts.  Like apple fritters the size of Isaac's head.)

Then we headed over to the zoo and checked out the wallabies...



 ...which started nibbling on our toes.  Kind of weird (like the fact that this photo should be horizontal, but it took so long to upload that I'm not going to do it again).
Add caption

I love how maternal and caring my sisters look in these photos.
 oh yes...and me.  Luke looks thrilled, doesn't he?
 Isaac measuring his wingspan against an eagle's--I turned around and he was doing this without any prompting.  So cute.
 I think my favorite part of this picture is Luke's little hand.
 and some lemurs...


z
 I tried SO hard to get Isaac to smile, but he was totally not going to oblige.


and this just may be my favorite picture from the entire day.





Last but not least, we rode the cute little train and watched the ducks quacking their peaceful way across the pond.  Totally lovely morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times! All the photos are great!
Love, Aunt Pam

la Liberté said...

Is that the Columbian Park Zoo? I have never been there before.

And I must say that Mary Lou's donuts are the best donuts in the entire world. Despite all my complaints about the Greater Lafayette area, I must admit that those donuts are a bright ray of sunshine...

Meghan said...

Best zoo ever. One hour, tops, with otters and nibbling wallabys.

Meghan said...

Best zoo ever. One hour, tops, with otters and nibbling wallabys.

Elise said...

i want an apple fritter. and you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails