Monday, September 17, 2012

Catching up, yet again







I took this photo of Isaac the other night--he is always in these crazy poses when I go in to check on him (and it's appropriate for an updating post, because I've been feeling really crummy lately and spending half of my time asleep and the other half wishing I was asleep!)

Uploading pictures tonight, I realized I've only taken 18 pictures in the last two weeks.  18!  That is so not like me, but it's been a really busy couple of weeks for a few reasons:

  1. Homework.  Oh my word.  I LOATHE supervising homework, and I have decades of this to go.  (I try not to hover, but I have to be in the same room with Abigail, or she totally goes off task.  Juliet, fortunately, is like a little machine who never deviates, so maybe Abigail will develop some more focus and then I'll be okay for a year or two.)
  2. Running.  I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Neil and I are running a half-marathon in five weeks, and we're to the point now where there is a lot of running happening.  A lot.  This is always the point where I think, "no, I can never run a marathon when my kids are at home!" because I can't imagine doubling the amount of time I am squeezing out of my days to run.  I (almost) always love running when I'm actually doing it, but planning it in (especially the long runs) is a little crazy sometimes.
  3. Homeschooling Juliet for math.  This probably shouldn't be stressful, because it is kindergarten, after all, but it still is.  Enough said because I get stressed even more just thinking about it.
  4. Teaching.  It's a real time-sucker, especially because this semester I have some students who are, um, taking a lot of time.  I won't say anything more because this is a public blog.
  5. The boys are really having a hard adjustment to the girls being gone.  (Have I mentioned this too?)  They're so used to having the girls around dictating what's happening that they seem to be a little lost, and they follow me around like small (angry) ducklings (angry because it's usually a loooong temper tantrum after the girls and Neil leave in the morning).  I'm really hoping they develop some more independent play skills, because I keep stepping on them when I'm washing dishes or things like that.
Wow, this is such a downer of a post!  Let's brighten it up a bit!  With flying babies!

And brand-new babies, because my sister had a baby!  I know this shouldn't be taking up MY time, because I am 2000 miles away and I did not actually give birth, but for a couple of days there it was really hard for me to think of anything else (she had an emergency C-section about four weeks before her due date).  And I also pretty much ignored the house for two days frantically making the baby blanket (in the picture below) that I should have started months before.  And you should read what my sister wrote about their new baby, because it is so so sweet.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Cute kids!! Thanks again for such a cute blanket. She loves it already.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are stressed/sick! Anytime you think up some new non-stress techniques, let me know and I will do them with you! I guess I could run again...but sleeping feels so good too! Well, I miss and love you! I hope that you feel better soon--and the blanket is absolutely beautiful!! Love, Elise

Doreen said...

Sounds busy.... no wonder you want to sleep ;)

la Liberté said...

Wow, that baby is flying high! I hope there was an adult not seen in the photo who caught him...

Related Posts with Thumbnails