Sunday, December 02, 2012

Abigail's journal from today

Abigail has always loved reading my blog, and she's been pretty diligent about keeping a journal periodically.  Just now she's in a stage where she will stop what she's doing to run off and write a couple of sentences and then come running back (plus her handwriting is more legible than either Neil's or mine...both of us thought the other one had written from her dictation!).  I'm posting her entries from today because I thought they were a fun comparison to my own blog today (plus it's interesting for me to know what was happening while I was asleep.  Everyone was in Luke's crib?  Luke is mad, Isaac is hurt, and now Luke is happy?  Hmmm).

December 2, 2012 (spelling and punctuation are in keeping with the original)

all the kids but me were in Luke's crib.  they all looked so funny! Juliet told me to come in. She had climbed so high on the crib! yesterday we put up our lights on the house! Brother Sproat came! Daddy went gun shooting with Brother Sproat! I can't wait till cristmas! I can play Deck the hall, good king wenceslas, Jingle bells, silent night, hark the herold angels sing.  It's warm in here!

Juliet purswaded me to go in the crib. (halfways.  Lukie is in the rocking swing.  Isaac took over. Luke is mad. Isaac is hurt. Luke is happy now.  Isaac is in truble. (halfways.) Daddy didn't let us have cowboy coffee cake but yesterday he said yes! It isn't fair! I got cerel instead and a candy cane kiss.

later...Juliet is very mean.  She says that she will throw my purse away if i don't help her get the papasown onto the bed.  I'm not ever playing with again! later...Daddy let us have cowboy coffee cake!  later...we painted soliders! it was so fun! we get to stay home from church! we lisened to alvin and the chipmunks and read the twelve days of christmas.  We ate cookies and sang corols.  It was fun.

***
The next two pages in her journal:

quotations from Shakesphere

A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse! Better three hours too soon than a minute too late! wisely and slow.  they stuble that run fast.  the purest spring is not so free from mud.  what's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. they do not love that do not show their love. shall I compare thee to a summer's day? thou art more lovoly and more temperate.  I am constant as the northern star! good night! goodnight! parting is such sweet sorrow.  All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

***

It's kind of an interesting perspective on Shakespeare when you read them all together like that.  Fun kid.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love Abigail's version of the going-ons there! (I should remind Elise about her journal.)I hope you all get feeling better soon...it's no fun being sick this time of year. Also...I understand about trying to give love/attention to the one gone to school all day. I'm struggling with that myself. I'm tired by the time Elise gets home so I feel like she gets the worst of me. I just have to keep trying I suppose.

Elise said...

that is awesome!! i love the Shakespeare section too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails