Saturday, April 20, 2013

Abigail is 8!!




































This morning when I got up I was thinking about how eight years ago I was halfway through a 24-hour labor, and today I was preparing for the baptism of my beautiful oldest daughter.  Time flies.

 My parents and grandparents came for Abigail's baptism (my dad is in the photo with us & my mom is taking the photo--I really should have planned better so that we had a photo with both of my parents & grandparents!).  It was so wonderful to have them here and for them to be a part of the day.

(We tried to take a family photo, but...Isaac started kicking people.  I'm posting them anyway in the interests of verisimilitude.)
 It was a really wonderful morning.  I spoke in the meeting about how my favorite aspect of baptism is the description in Mosiah 18:9-11 where the people are rejoicing in the opportunity to become witnesses of Christ and have his spirit poured out upon them.  (And, of course, I got a bit weepy.)  And I had to stop Abigail for a few minutes after she was dressed in dry clothes and just hold my girl for a moment.
 When we got home we opened birthday presents (she was so patient all day about this!) and had a festive lunch.  (Abigail requested crepes for breakfast and a panini bar & our favorite "heaven in a bowl" salad for lunch.)


After my parents & grandparents left, Neil and I both did some work while the kids had the time of their lives with crafts (oh, the glitter and the paint!  Birthdays are so fun.)  It was such a lovely day and I'm so grateful for the good choices Abigail is making in her life.


above:  my grandmother turned 90 this week!  Isn't she gorgeous?

And last but not least, I'm coming back to update this photo with the traditional birthday banner shot--here is my sweet girl!  So big!  So grown up!



2 comments:

Melanie said...

Congratulations Abigail! What an exciting day. And congratulations Rachael for getting through the day without going into labor!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post for Abigail's special day! I love her pink bike! I had a purple one just like it as a child. So neat that she was able to share her day with her parents & siblings, grandparents & great grandparents! Lucky Abigail!!! Sweet girl! Hugs to all of you!
Love,
Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin

Related Posts with Thumbnails