Wednesday, May 29, 2013

One month

I'm visiting my parents this week. It's been a hard adjustment and I wanted 1) for Neil to have the extra work time and 2) for me to have the adult interaction/support during the day now that the kids are out of school. Have I mentioned that this has been hard? Before my pregnancy I was struggling to combat some depressive tendencies, and between a new baby, my best friend moving away, and a husband who needs to work upwards of 70 hours a week...it's a perfect storm.  Anyway, I don't really want to go into all of that, but I do want to be honest about what is going on right now.  There are many good things in my life, and I am trying to get back to a place where I can appreciate them whole-heartedly.

My beautiful Nathan is one month old. If I could figure out how to do it, I would upload a great picture on my new iPad (thanks, Mom and Dad!) showing his new skill--smiling! But that will have to wait for a more tech-savvy day.

Nathan was 10 lbs, 4 oz and 22 inches long when we went in for his checkup a week before his birthday.  Not quite as big as Luke, and I have no idea how big Isaac was at that age, but a respectably-sized young laddie with delicious little baby rolls!

3 comments:

Jolena said...

Good luck with getting back to a good place emotionally. It can be such a long and frustrating process, especially when you see how you could be feeling.

Anonymous said...

You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel like your regular self before long. Good idea to go hang out with your wonderful parents. Hugs to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous above is Aunt Pam!
Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails