Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trying to blog more regularly



I don't have much of import to say or lots of fun pictures, mostly because this is a journal-type post rather than a fun-things-we-did post.  I've been dithering lately about what I should do with the antidepressants--my prescription runs out next month and I don't really want to go see a new therapist to get a new one, but I don't feel like I'm ready to go off of them yet because this last week of the girls going back to school and starting work myself has been rough.  Nothing awful, just trying to adjust to many more commitments (we're driving them to & from school this year since the bus no longer runs from our neighborhood to the school, and for some reason that daily 3:25 deadline is really stressful for me) and doing things like homework and packing lunches and making sure that everyone is exactly where they need to be at specific times.  And we're starting up sports and lessons again and whatnot.  Just lots of changes from our carefree summer where we lounged around in our pajamas and read books and baked yummies all day.  I really miss having the downtime with my girls...it's nice to have things quieter during the day, but hard to have them gone so long and being back to that jam-packed evening where we're struggling to fit in quality time amongst everything else that needs to be done.  I feel like it's taking me literally all day to do basic things like laundry and dishes--there is just SO much going on that I can never manage to start a task and finish it all in one session, which is frustrating. (Oh, and Luke thinks it's time to start potty-training, and he's probably right.)

Nathan, bless his heart, finally started taking a pacifier yesterday and has slept much more over the last 24 hours, which has done weird things to our nursing schedule.  He was really uninterested in eating today and just wanted to smile at me, and I was getting stressed because it had been SO long since he'd gotten in a good feeding (it was 4 PM and he'd only eaten half-heartedly all day) that I ended up pumping and syringing milk down his throat with a medicine dropper, one mL at a time.  Not fun for anyone, but he's so borderline on his weight right now that I don't want him to start dropping feedings.

Anyway.  I just feel like I should update my blog-journal to say that things are still pretty good right now, but I'm struggling more than I have in the last few months.  Hopefully more sleep will help & we'll all settle into more of a routine soon.  And my body will get used to running 5 times a week again (oh, did I mention I'm training for another half-marathon?  Haven't signed up yet, since I'm not sure if I can with Nathan, but boy, am I craving some "me" time these days).


2 comments:

Kayli said...

Yeah, I'm right there with you in the things take forever to get done- you can't do it in one stroke thing. The kids are in school, so I feel like I should be more productive in the mornings, but unfortunately, I also have a 2-year-old and a baby that require a lot of supervision (it's not like I haven't been here before, why is it still surprising?).
Also, Wyatt is being super weird at night and waking up LITERALLY 6-8 times or more. DRIVING ME INSANE. Gotta figure out something to break him of that, without totally ticking off the downstairs neighbors with him crying all night long.

Anyway, good luck with decisions on meds and getting schecdules going more prettily and potty training (also something I should be starting with Orrin) and everything. Hang in there!

Jolena said...

Yikes, sounds so crazy. Hang in there. The first few days in a new routine are always hard, but then you get used to it and it seems normal again. I do hate those crazy evenings, and we only have two! I feel like Spencer is never going to want to potty train. We'll mention the potty to him and he gets all scared and runs away. We haven't even done anything yet! I guess a few more months with two in diapers is how it's going to be.

If you do decide not to renew your prescription, make sure to wean yourself, like start taking half a pill for a while, so it's not such a drastic change. I did a stint on antidepressants and it ended up being a really good pick me up to help get strong enough to take things on myself. It's amazing what modern medicine can do. Good luck with those decisions!

Related Posts with Thumbnails