Tuesday, September 10, 2013

week's update




Isaac started preschool this week!  He was soooo excited (and couldn't wait to wear his new Darth Vader shirt, which we stenciled especially for the first day).

His class is doing a rodeo theme this year.  Fun stuff!


I can hardly believe that Isaac is old enough to go to preschool.  He seems so much younger to me--maybe because the girls are getting so big now--but when I talk to him about what he did in the mornings while he was at school, I realize how articulate and decisive he is.  He's still the sweetest little man--in the picture below he was bringing me a piece of dark chocolate and unwrapping it for me.  That's my boy!


 Speaking of sweet little boys...






If you're friends with me on Facebook, you're probably tired of the recycled photos--sorry!  But this one was too good to pass up--I told Isaac to change after church a few weeks ago and I found his shirt, tie, and dress pants in a neat little pile and then saw this:



Neil's parents came into town this weekend and stayed with us for a few days.  The kids loved having the chance to have someone around who was willing to read all the stories I don't like!  (long ago I made a rule that I would read them anything they wanted as long as it wasn't a Disney story--I LOVE reading fairy tales but I don't like the Disney versions--and no more than one Berenstein Bears, Curious George, or Clifford book per day.  Self-preservation.)


We had a really fun time with them--we went geocaching in the morning, ate some delicious Indian food, and then roasted s'mores that evening (I'm hoping they'll email me some pictures since I have no idea where my camera is & I didn't take my iPad on the hike!) I had so much fun playing with the kids on the trampoline as it got dusky and beautiful.

And speaking of beautiful, I love this pergola that Neil built me for my birthday this year!  I'm a lucky girl.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures and post! Sweet children and beautiful pergola!!!!!!
Love,
Aunt Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails