Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Cozying up


It became apparent fairly early on this winter that we were in for some craziness (November tornado, what?). In December I decided I wanted to cozy things up a bit in our main living spaces, since we were spending the majority of our time reading in front of the fire. As the temperatures plunged to Arctic levels and we were house-bound day after day, I started thinking about velvety-soft pillows and throws and fur rugs.

After a couple of months of researching/thinking about it, I finally ordered a giant swathe of faux fur which I proceeded to turn into a rug. We've had it for about a week and I kid you not, most times I look over and all five of my kids, plus the cat, are plunked down on that rug (usually at least one person is rubbing their face on it).

Today it looked very Nordic with everyone's boots steaming by the fire and so I took a few photos of Tottles as I was getting him dressed.










1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am looking for something just like that! Where did you order it if you don't mind me asking? My email is amandamstephens@gmail.com. TY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails