Friday, February 07, 2014

Five for February, part II

In 2011 I decided to post 5 things I was grateful for every day during the month of February. I realize I'm quite late starting here, but I want to do it again.

So here we go today!

1) I'm grateful for my Nutrimill. I was grinding wheat berries into flour this morning and thought what a blessing it is to have this mill. I usually grind flour once a week and I just love the nutty goodness of whole-wheat baked goods.

2) I'm grateful for Nathan's insistence on ONLY napping in his crib. I have had other babies that were more flexible about where they slept and I certainly appreciated that flexibility! But Nathan's insistence on his crib forces me to stay home and enjoy the quiet mornings with Luke and Isaac. Those times where we snuggle up reading stories together in front of the fire are my very favorite part of the day.

3) I'm grateful for a husband who brings Nathan to me to nurse, then takes him away again and lets me sleep in while he makes breakfast and gets the kids ready for school (yes, I do know how lucky I am!). I have had a really hard time with fatigue while I've been on Zoloft and he is so accommodating and kind about it. That extra half-hour seems to make all the difference in the world as I'm groggily struggling to wake up every day.

4) I bought a new lampshade for my desk a month or so ago and every time I look at it I love it even more. I think it was maybe $5 but it is just perfect and makes me so happy!

5) I'm grateful for a good friend who carpools with me to preschool and church activities. She is always so dependable and as we all know, carpools are total sanity savers!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails