Monday, February 24, 2014

Terrific twos



My Luke is at the most delightful stage these days. It seems like there is something I am always worrying about with my other four children--they are also delightful, but I am constantly worrying if I am doing the right things for them and being the mother that they need. With Luke, on the other hand, I feel like I know what I'm doing. He is at an age where he is so happy to just be with me all day, reading stories and playing games and doing whatever things around the house we need to do.  He is cheery and happy and imaginative and such a balm for my soul. I love our quiet mornings together when all of the big kids are at school and Nathan is asleep. They help me to gear up for the rest of the day. :-)

Every morning as soon as everyone else is off and I'm putting Nathan down for his nap, Luke and Hermes go sit on the back of the library couch together (!!) and look out the window.

































Usually Luke will put his head down on Hermes and say "Rub my head!" and Hermes will bat at him with his paws.


And then they go back to looking out the window again.


 



One of my very favorite things about Luke is his INCREDIBLY vivid imagination. He plays elaborate games all by himself with a handful of LEGO mini-figures or plastic dinosaurs or Little People or even just his feet. Every character has different voices and they go on thrilling adventures.

And just when I was wondering if I ought to get rid of the dress-ups, since the girls have sort of outgrown them and Isaac has never cared for dress-ups (oh, my methodical little man-child), Luke told me today that he was a knight fighting dragons and he needed to look like a knight.



We made a sword, found the knight clothes, and he fought dragons all the way until bedtime.




































I love this kiddo so very much.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails