Wednesday, April 30, 2014

If You Liked This One, You're In Luck!

Folks, it is hard to figure out how to organize these posts! I've been staring down half a dozen giant piles of books. Hopefully this system will make sense. :-)

When it comes to children's books, there are some authors who are one-hit wonders and others who are incredibly prolific. Individual tastes vary, of course, but here are my favorites by many popular and prolific authors/illustrators. Please keep in mind that this list doesn't include my absolute favorite illustrator, Trina Schart Hyman--you can find my favorites of hers over here! And I'm also limiting myself to books that I actually own. :-)

And without further ado, my favorites...

Brown, Margaret Wise
Burton, Virginia Lee:

Cooney, Barbara (my all-time favorite):
de Brunhoff, Laurent:
Eastman, P.D.
Henkes, Kevin:
Kellogg, Steven:
Lobel, Arnold:
Mayer, Mercer:
Minarik, Elsie Holmelund:
Mosel, Arlene
Munsch, Robert:
  • The Paper Bag Princess
  • Love You Forever (on the one hand, this one kind of creeps me out. On the other hand, it's a nice way of letting a child know that their parents really will love them forever. Just not in a creepy stalker-sneaking-around-town way.)
Robert McCloskey:
Potter, Beatrix:
  • First of all, get yourself a giant treasury. And my favorites are The Tale of the Two Bad Mice, The Tailor of Gloucester, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, The Roly-Poly Pudding
Provensen, Alice and Martin:
Rylant, Cynthia:

Seuss


Shannon, David:
And other really great authors who have written a lot--here's my #1 favorite of their works:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails