Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11th

Good day for this exercise, since man oh man were Neil and I both knocking heads with a particular child tonight. I was soooo glad when it was bedtime. It's one of those things where they're behaving in a way that is ultimately destructive, and you can see it because you're the parent, but the child completely refuses to believe that you know what you're talking about. Fun times.

1) I filed all our taxes today--yippee! Much as I love doing taxes (I know, it's weird, but I really do...that refund is one of the few perks of grad school) it's been weighing on my mind this year since I've been so busy. Glad to have it checked off my to-do list.

2) I was really productive after the kids went to bed--sometimes I just fall down the internet rabbit hole, but not tonight. I ran six miles and then walked another to cool down, folded and put away a lot of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, and caught up on grading. The house is sparkling clean and ready for tomorrow!

3) Nathan ate a very large snack before bedtime. This means that he will actually sleep through the night instead of waking us up in the wee hours because he's hungry. Hallelujah! (Kid still does not eat enough and will probably always be on the slim side, but thank heavens that he's no longer projectile-vomiting multiple times after each meal.)

4) The younger boys and I met Neil today and had a really long leisurely delightful lunch. Those two are so well-behaved and so willing to try new foods that it is a total delight to introduce them to all different types of cuisine (you hear that, grumpy older kids who practically died tonight when you saw avocados in your chili?).

5) I was sooooo hungry after my run tonight and I made myself a PBJ with some of the jam I'd canned last summer and my favorite natural peanut butter. Simple pleasures, people, and oh so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your kids don't like avocados. Of all the things! But I guess I used to be like that and grew out of it...-Elise

Related Posts with Thumbnails