Thursday, May 28, 2015

I am from you

One of my goals as a mother is to create really wonderful memorable moments with my children, which is why I was so touched when Abigail handed me this poem that she wrote. I tried to photograph it, but it didn't show up very well since it was a booklet with lots of pages, so I'll type it up.

She titled it, "I Am From You."

I am from
Playing with stuffed dragons and doing dot-to-dots
From
Coloring color-by-numbers and biking around

I am from
Watching sunrises in the Smokies and biking while you run
From
Skiing down ski slopes and reading by the Christmas tree

I am from
Making lasagna and collecting unicorn models
From
Camping and roasting marshmallows

I am from
Playing with baby Hermes and riding in the car at night
From
Playing on playgrounds and reading books outside on a blanket

I am from
Playing tag and computer games
From
Swimming and creating things

I am from
Playing King of Tokyo and TransAmerica
From
Playing outside and running around

I am from
Eating blackberries and apples
From
Percy Jackson and Harry Potter

I am from
Eating gingerbread and watching storms
From
Listening to birds and drawing dragons

I am from
My bed on a cold morning and playing car ride bingo
From
Making jewelry and organizing bookshelves

I am from
The days spent in Florida and riding roller coasters at top speed
From
Building Legos on a Saturday morning and baking cookies that afternoon

4 comments:

Elise Gray said...

This is seriously awesome. I love it!!

Dani said...

Amazing! This is so great.

Robin V said...

This poem; Abigail; you: all treasures.

Crapos said...

That's so sweet! I'm jealous... This week I got a letter in the mail from Sadie. It wasn't a sweet lovely poem but rather a persuasive letter arguing for her own room :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails