Monday, September 28, 2015

State of things around here

I know I have done a crummy job of blogging lately--the two posts that I've put up today are just kind of token "we did this" kind of posts. Not much is going up about my real life or my emotions or the day-to-day, which is what I really loved about blogging when I first started blogging. I've found lately that I am using Facebook and Instagram a lot more for that sort of thing (which is why I've added the Insta button to my sidebar, so follow me there if you want more regular posts!).

The real bottom line of it all is that I feel like I don't have much to offer these days. When I look at my life, I'm doing the exact same things I've been doing for years, and I doubt anyone wants to read an endless rehashing of the same things over and over, you know? If anything, I feel like I've become sort of a faded copy of the girl I was around 2010, which is when I felt like I was really enjoying this blog and having lots of interesting and fun things to say. I've been writing here for 9 years, since the fall Neil started grad school, and things are pretty much the same as they were then--just multiply the stress by 1000.

When I read through the posts I put up years ago, I wonder at how confident and assured and energetic I was. I feel much less sure about everything in my life these days, and I wish I could bottle the energy I had in my 20s!

So anyway...that's why I haven't been blogging much lately. Same old same old, just much more tired and more gray hair and less zest. But hopefully a little wiser in realizing how very little I know and how much I have to learn!!! So no more pontificating from me about how to be a good mother/wife/runner/teacher/cook/creator, although if you want to listen to me up on my soapbox you'll find lots in the archives. :-)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think you should post a video tutorial on pushed eggs! I tried them today but they weren't anywhere close to yours. Please!!! And then one on braiding bread.

Related Posts with Thumbnails