Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2/23

Today's five good things:

  • Neil did an A+ mopping job on the kitchen floor last night after dinner. It was the first thing I noticed about the kitchen this morning and all day every time I swept something up I felt so loved because of that sparkling-clean kitchen floor, thanks to my thoughtful husband. 
  • Luke and I finished On the Banks of Plum Creek today. Man oh man do I love reading the Little House books to the current four-year-old! We read about forty pages today because how could we possibly stop during the blizzard to end all blizzards? (Just wait, Ingalls family, just wait...you have no idea what De Smet has in store for you.)
  • We have a crazy winter storm on its way--the kind where the weather alerts keep breaking through radio programming. I am a) excited that we might get ONE decent snow storm this year (we haven't had a single snow day, and that's kind of criminal) and b) really pleased that I went to the grocery store this morning before everyone went all Snowmageddon crazy on the shelves. 
  • Speaking of which, if you go to the store at 8:30 AM, you may have two grumpy kids with you who have not fully acclimated to the day, but you can also score individual Chobani cups for 55 cents each. I was pretty excited about that. Nathan ate two for lunch and I was even MORE excited about that. :-)
  • I am done with both grading and running for the day, so after I hit publish on this post I am going to bed. With a book. And I will be asleep very very soon. I have been sleeping SO much ever since we left for skiing and I'm still not caught up and feeling energized again yet!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails