Monday, February 08, 2016

Day 8



(L-R: Mary Beth, Ruth, Mom, Rosalind, Elise, me--not sure what is going on with the weird crop Blogger is doing)

1) Today is my mom's birthday! Happy birthday, Mom! I know I've waxed poetic about her in years past, but here is the short version: my mom is awesome. She is one of my best friends and is endlessly supportive. I am so grateful to have her in my life!! 

2) Tonight for Family Home Evening we each wrote down something we loved about everyone else in our family. I loved watching the big grins on my children's faces as they read their hearts aloud and listened to what everyone else loved about them! It was a perfect activity and I'm looking forward to seeing those hearts up in our kitchen every day. (Also loved hearing Juliet and Abigail solemnly tell each other, "We've got to live up to our hearts!")

3) My sister Mary Beth visited me a couple of weeks ago and brought me a big stack of books. I've been working my way through and it's such a treat! Makes me feel so loved and I'm always crazy excited for the end of the day when I can really settle down and burn through a few hundred pages.

4) My horribly drippy nose was driving me insane yesterday--I literally went through two rolls of toilet paper. It was disgusting and wretched and not at all pleasant. But today I had a magical hour of drip-free time when I was running--I have no idea why, but it just dried up while I was running (and then promptly started again as soon as I hit down dog while stretching afterwards, but whatever). I know that's gross, but I was really thrilled. :-)



5) Ski helmets during homework today to honor the measly little flakes of snow drifting down outside. We're counting down the days until we head north for some real snow and some schussing down the slopes!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails