Sunday, February 05, 2017

Day 5

Today's five good things:

1) Stake conference today meant that church started an hour later, which meant there was time for me to make waffles for breakfast! (And for the kids to exhaustively recap all of the nightmares they've ever had that they can remember. Interesting way to start the day off...)

2) Abigail & I made orange rolls for dinner tonight--the last time I made them all of the kids HATED them and tonight they loved them! Good thing because who does not love orange rolls?!

3) Neil got a nap today. He's been living on the knife-edge of exhaustion, so I'm glad he got a break this afternoon.

4) I got an email earlier today notifying me that my federal and state tax returns, which I filed yesterday, have both been accepted--hurray!

5) Morning church means more leisure in the afternoons (the best!), so we made Juliet's favorite little tuna cakes for lunch today:

2 cans tuna, well-drained
1 small onion, diced finely
2-3 eggs, depending on size
1 c. panko crumbs
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. mustard (either Dijon or yellow)
1/2 t, salt

Mix all the ingredients together--you should be able to squeeze them into a cohesive ball in your hand without it either slopping away or crumbling apart. It was a little crumbly today so I added another egg. Flatten into little round cakes (I usually do them 3-4 inches in diameter). Heat a nonstick pan, add a couple tablespoons of oil, and fry the cakes until golden-brown (2 minute or so), then flip and fry another 2 minutes. Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails