Monday, February 20, 2017

Twenty





























1) The kids had a holiday from school today, so we took a looooong walk in the woods this afternoon--I think they climbed every tree and swung from every vine in our path. And lots of stick-throwing! Fine with me because they were happy and Matthew fell asleep, and it was so good for my soul to get some time outside.

2) I made crepes for dinner tonight (which we stuffed with an assortment of veggies, cheese, and ham...nothing beats honeyed goat cheese on a piping-hot whole wheat crepe!). Neil usually does crepe duty because I don't love using our little crepe-maker, but my dad gave me a really awesome new frying pan that is absolutely perfect for crepes! I foresee a lot more of these in the future.

3) I finished going through everyone's summer clothes today. I always dread this task and it's so good to have it done, and I have all the outgrown stuff either boxed up to pass down to siblings, or bagged up to give away to friends.

4) For years I've hated Gatorade, but a few months ago when I was really sick and couldn't keep anything down Neil got me some of the blue powdered kind. I think being able to mix it a little weaker really helps my ability to tolerate it, and I've been using it for my late-night Monday long runs the past few weeks--it's always nice to have something to look forward to every couple of miles! (11.2 tonight and my legs still think this treadmill belt is much harder to run on than my old one...hopefully it breaks in soon!).

5) On that note, I'm really grateful for water. I've been feeling super parched lately and I'm just so thankful that my cold clean water is so easily accessible out of the tap--that is a huge blessing!

1 comment:

Neil said...

That is my awesome family. Wish I could have been there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails