There, I'm done now.
But because he's been gone so much, I've really been going the extra mile to keep the kids entertained.
So here's yesterday.
Playgroup at a local gymnastics studio. Don't you wish you were three years old so you could jump in an enormous pit filled with foam blocks (or as Abigail put it, "lossa soft boxes")?
Well, this twenty-four-year-old jumped in, and let me tell you, it was pretty fun.
Except I lost my sock and it took a long time to find it.
Julesie had a great time crawling around. Did I say crawling? Oh yes. I did. Because she's officially crawling now! Yay! Eeek! (Note to self: power cords need to go into hiding.)
Here's Jules with her friend Maddy. (At least, their older sisters are friends and their mommies are friends, which means they have to be friends too.) Isn't this picture darling?! (Kathleen, I'll email you a copy!)
And then we played dressup for about eleventy million hundred hours. I'm serious, it was like ALL DAY LONG.
Abigail was the princess.
I think this may be my absolute favorite pictures of Juliet's cheeks ever. So munchable!
Then for dinner, because it was a verrrrry long day, I made us some salmon and fresh bread and this salad, which in and of itself is all I would want for my last meal. I love it so much.
Then we got in the car and went to pick up Neil from school in a blizzard. And we only slid off the road twice.
Good times, I tell you.
Incidentally, speaking of husbands at school, tonight I am taking my husband dinner, and more importantly, dinner with US (which is no mean feat to cook a dinner an hour beforehand and then pack two kids down to campus, park, and tromp through slushy icy snow to his lab) because we miss him around here and he won't be home (again!) until the kids are in bed. Aren't I a good wife? Yeah, you can all praise me now.
9 comments:
Cute pics! Can't believe Jules is crawling!
That picture of you is so funny! I'd love to play dress up with my kids - they prefer to play monster trucks. Super fun.
yesss! dress up parties! ship the girls out to me and we'll play dress up all the time. and eat cookies. and stay up late. because that's how i roll.
My freshman year I took Flexibility, which was a stretching class held in the gymnastics room. The first 25 min we stretched and then the last 25 min we took naps. Guess where I slept everyday? We jumped in the foam pit and then covered ourselves up with the blocks. It was the best class ever.
Yay for Jules! (But why does she still have no hair?)
And yay for you! Is Neil's schedule going to get better anytime soon, or is it more of the devil professor being devilish?
Juliet has Katherine Hepburn eyebrows. And Winston Churchill jowls. But they are both adorable.
Glad you got back on the road after sliding off. And I hope this schedule is temporary for Neil rather than being set for the next four years.
Sorry about your slide-offs! I thought I was going to slide into a ditch as well as get hit yesterday. Darn these slick Indiana roads. I'm not usd to driving on them.
Sheesh. What a day.
And you are a stellar wife. Sadly, I would never deliver food in a blizzard.
I want to know what's in that salad.
Post a Comment