Monday, March 10, 2008

pretties

Today I am really far too busy to blog. So I won't tell you about our weekend jaunt up to the temple, where Abigail's only interest was in entering the skyscrapers because to her they looked like "some reeeeally big princess castles!" or our gulping down Thai food at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall place in the world (next time you're in Chicago, check out Noodles in the Pot near Lincoln Park), or our trip to the madhouse that is IKEA on a Saturday. And I won't blather on about all I have to do today because, quite frankly, I have too much to do to even write about it.



But I will show you some pictures.



You see, my multi-talented friend Kathleen, whose children are always the best-dressed and best-accessorized little kids I know, taught me how to make little hair accessories for girls.

Anyway, I made some clippies for Abigail, and a couple headbands for Jules. (As a sidenote, I'm not super into hairthingies, especially baby headbands, but since Juliet still doesn't seem to be growing anything other than downy little baby head fuzz, which is very cute in its own way, but let's face it, she looks like a cute little boy baby, and Abigail is going nuts trying to "make Julesie look pretty," I decided to switch things up.)



I thought they turned out quite nicely.





Abigail was overjoyed, especially when Jules was decked out in all her floral glory.





Then I walked into my room a few minutes later looking for something and found Abigail talking to herself in my mirror, new hairbow perched jauntily on the side of her head.


"Oh Abigail," she said, turning her head to admire herself in the mirror and patting her bow with satisfaction. "You are just so so the most beautiful. You are just a princess, and so so beautiful. You are the most beautiful I can see."





I think the question of what I should buy/make for her birthday is officially solved.

7 comments:

Crapos said...

I like Jules with a bow. Very cute. By the way, does Ab have the Pretty, Pretty Princess game? She'd totally love it.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Great job on the bows! They look adorable.

Danielle said...

oooh...what cute bows! I would love to see how you made them. Very clever.

Anonymous said...

cute, cute. maybe i kinda a little bit sorta want a girl ??

Meghan said...

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?--seems that they have more than genetics in common with their mother. Love you Dad

Autumn said...

HAHA!! I am so glad you wrote down what she said. That is SOOO darling!! I like the bows, I'd like to learn how to make them!

Kathleen said...

The bows look so cute on them Rachael. And you AND your girls always look adorable yourselves! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails