Thursday, August 20, 2009

a list





things my kitchen smelled like today:
  • French toast
  • Dehydrating tomatoes (last 24 hours and still going strong)
  • Canned salsa
  • Blanching green beans
  • feta-spinach lasagna with pesto and basil-tomato sauce (thank goodness for freezer meals!!)
  • Zucchini bread


in other words, I spent the entire day preserving food. Minus an hour on a conference call with a client (the girls had a playdate this morning) and nursing, but other than that, entire day in the kitchen. Good thing Juliet just had a birthday and the girls are still entranced by the new toys.

things I did not do today:

  • shower
  • go running (despite putting on my running clothes when I got up--it's 9:54 p.m. and I'm just now sitting down for the first time all day in preparation to go to bed)
  • mop the tomato-splattered kitchen floor


quite a contrast from last Thursday, which we spent here:

5 comments:

Elise said...

what a perfect picture of the beach! it makes me want to go right back!

Rosalind said...

Contrast is the spice of life. And don't you feel good with all those tomatoes drying and salsa done for the winter?

Elise said...

surely rosalind didn't write that---it has whole words!!!

Elise said...

haha, just kidding

Rachel Mae said...

also need recipe for this: feta-spinach lasagna with pesto and basil-tomato sauce.

Email me?

Related Posts with Thumbnails