Thursday, March 15, 2012

in your prayers

When I was in high school, I dated a really awesome guy (I also dated a lot of not-so-awesome guys, but that's another story).  We dated exclusively during my junior year, sort of drifted apart (partially due to a well-intentioned bishop who really discouraged steady dating) but stayed friends throughout my senior year, dated a few times again during my senior year, and picked up again when I was home from college for Christmas.  I wrote him for a year on his mission until Neil and I were married, and when he came home from his mission we were still on good terms.  He ended up marrying a girl that lived next door to me freshman year, and whenever I go home to visit my family I always chat with his mother about how he's doing.  He's a wonderful guy and I've always been happy to hear that life is treating him well.

Which is why it was utterly heart-breaking for me to hear that his 17-month-old son has been diagnosed with an extremely rare and very aggressive (90% mortality rate) type of cancer.  Please, please, please keep this little family in your prayers.  You can read more about them here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails