Monday, January 09, 2017

Resolutions


Maybe it's the runner in me, but I sure love the possibilities in this photo.

We had a wonderful (busy!!) holiday, which hopefully I will find time to blog about at some point. More regular blogging is not on my resolution list this year--hah!

But these are:

1) Read all four standard works of scripture that we use in the LDS faith--the Old and New Testament, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. I just started on Luke this morning and I'm loving the extended time with my scriptures (thank you, nursing).

2) Use my Instant Pot for at least 1 meal a week--actual meals, not just cooking rice or yogurt or something like that. Last week I stuffed an entire chicken inside and that was pretty exciting. ;-)

3) Clean up my diet so that I am at race weight by the time I start training for the 2017 Chicago Marathon (no sugar/eating after 9 PM on weekdays). Oh, did I mention that I was awarded an entry to the Chicago Marathon? Because I am SO DANG EXCITED.


3 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

good luck on your goals. that chicken sounds great.

ellen said...

Are you going to ever run Boston? Or maybe you have. I live in Boston and go to the marathon every year -- Mile 19 is my spot. I'll cheer for you! And good for you for doing all that reading; I'm reading the BofM on instagram (hey, it's something!).

Rachael said...

Thanks, Hena! Ellen, I would LOVE to run Boston--hopefully soon!!! I haven't had a training cycle where I've been in a position to go for a BQ time, but I'm hoping that changes in the next couple of years (my first marathon I still had an infant; my second I had a stress fracture!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails