did we seize our chance to watch olympic sports, you ask?
No, we most certainly did not. we did venture to SLC and walk around and look at the scary people dancing in the streets. we did take pictures of the men searching our car to make sure we weren't bringing any explosives into the city (although when we took pictures they asked us if we were byu students, we said yes and continued to snap away, and they quit searching the trunk, rolled their eyes, and waved us on past).
so this is what we did. we being my dear dear friend and roommate jen and myself.
we went to bob's mission farewell in fruit heights.
and then we drove south, south, south, to winslow, arizona.
where we watched the olympics on TV while six weeks worth of laundry churned and spun, visited flagstaff and ate at the flaming wok and watched the count of monte cristo, caught up on six weeks of lousy sleep, and then proceeded to...
...four-wheeler through the desert (this is jen, not me)...
...slide on our backsides down the cliffs of the Little Painted Desert (it is COLD there in February, let me tell you!)
...buy cool turquoise jewelry on the Navajo reservation...
8 comments:
Nice "fall". I stayed in SLC, but also did not attend any events. I did go downtown and walk around and marvel that it was actually Salt Lake City.
Brett and I had just started dating again and he was working for a Japanese Braodcasting company, so I spent a lot of time in SLC. Brett and I actually got to go to the opening ceremonies, and I got to go to the ariel freestyles. We went to the Bare Naked Ladies concert, that was really fun! I have to say I loved the Olympics.
oh heck yes. thank you so much for making me laugh until i cried...AT WORK. the anti-olympic roadtrip is still one of my favorite college memories ever.
"chocolate muffins achieve outward acceleration during sharp turns."
"there is CHEESE WATER on my PANTS!"
My sole comment on this is that the final picture totally captures a nightmare I had about you more than 20 years ago, and it is still vivid! That picture is pretty disturbing (to me, anyway). Glad you're safe in a plains state.
I love that last picture! I'm so mad that I didn't get one like that while I was there!
I was pregnant with my first baby spring of '02. Nothin' exciting, I just got fatter.
How fun. I love the Indian sign. I was in Idaho wishing I was at the Olympics.
I was traipsing through the jungle and eatin mangos while sweating my tie off.
I was mad to miss the Olympics by 1 year! I had been accepted to BYU but was still a Senior in high school. Colt and I were dating and getting ready to separate for me to go to summer term at BYU and him on his mission to Tahiti.
Post a Comment