Monday, February 11, 2008

goodies

happiness =
  • a delectable weekend visiting my parents' home
  • seeing my grandma on Friday
  • finding out that my little sister got into her top pick law school
  • finding out that my other little sister is very happy with the fellow she's dating
  • watching my (high school) sisters perform in what was, quite possibly, the very best musical I have ever seen in my life (and that includes BYU productions and touring Broadway shows). hurray for amazing choreography, tap-dancing, and unbelievable Broadway-style sing-your-heart-out belting!
  • whole wheat bread and homemade freezer jam for lunch today
  • a gazillion loads of fresh clean laundry
  • fat little dimpled baby hands grabbing at the keyboard while I type
  • a new issue of Martha Stewart Living to peruse
  • an upcoming post celebrating my mother's birthday! (sorry, these things take awhile and I visited her last weekend rather than staying home to write it)

7 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. What musical was it?

Mary Beth said...

*hugs* Glad you had a great time up in Michigan. Wish I could've gone!

Rachael said...

it was "thoroughly modern millie," and it was SO good! the director is retiring, and she is absolutely AMAZING. i worked with her too in high school, and she's just...so awesome. she has a reputation for producing the most fantastic shows ever (the broadway cast of the show we did my junior year flew out to watch our show).

and it was also fun to watch because elise was one of the leads and rosalind was in the chorus! what cuties.

Katrina said...

Wow! Very impressive stuff. It's a shame I went to such a lame high school.

necia said...

I love Thoroughly Modern Millie, the movie at least, I have never seen the play. What part did your sister Elise have? What play did you do in High School that the broadway cast came to? That would be so awesome! Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Rachael said...

Elise played Miss Dorothy, and it was The Who's Tommy that the cast came for.

I'm trying to think what else she's done lately...I was in A Few Good Men, then after I graduated she did Evita, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Into the Woods, Miss Saigon, etc. Lots of cool shows!

Anonymous said...

You have had an amazing weekend, indeed! Your happiness is contagious...now if only I could do my laundry! It's my most hated chore.

Btw, your comment today was HILARIOUS! Sharpie - seriously? Sounds like you and I have some things in common! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails