Wednesday, February 13, 2008
glee
you know you're doing something right as a parent when your child wants Mommy for cuddling away "owwww-ies!" and singing songs, whereas she asks for Daddy to wipe her backside after she goes to the bathroom.
hurrah!
also...what are your valentine's day plans? i will share mine with you in the comment, because it is a SECRET and NEIL CAN'T KNOW, so DON'T READ THE COMMENT, NEIL! or else it will disappear and not happen.
hurrah!
also...what are your valentine's day plans? i will share mine with you in the comment, because it is a SECRET and NEIL CAN'T KNOW, so DON'T READ THE COMMENT, NEIL! or else it will disappear and not happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
so here's my plot: i am baking pink snickerdoodles (his favorite) and hiding them in his backpack. and i will make a really scrumptious dinner on friday, when we have a date and abigail will be babysat! i'm thinking steak and garlic mashed potatoes, a la the pioneer woman.
Very nice. I am just not that into Valentine's I'm afraid. Especially since our anniversary is in less than month so I need to save all good ideas for that. But I should cook Jared a nice dinner since he is always cooking yummy things for me.
I am going to recreate a combination of valentine days past. The other night we were reminiscing (sp?) about all of our V-day's together and all the fun memories, so I'm going to put a few of those things together for Thursday. Then we are getting a babysitter for Saturday and Matt is planning a date for us that night.:)
I am going to class. Possibility of a soccer game afterwards, but since class runs late I don't think I'll make it.
Then I will come home and do homework. And go to bed. MY LIFE IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!
I can't believe your husband wouldn't read what you're doing for him! And that you trust him not to.
I love that you equate the level of your daughter's love to whomever wipes her bum. Hilarious!
Our anniversary is next week so we always combine the two and do something big. Normally we high tail it out of here for a couple of days but this year we're just heading down town for a nice dinner and a show. Mmm, good food and cultured entertainment - we don't get enough of that do we?
We're doing Valentine's lunch since Kris works that evening. Does anyone do Valentine's lunch? I think this is new unchartered territory.
Rachael, could you send me your e-mail address? tateyj@hotmail.com.
How did you get Abigail to ask for Neil in those situations? There must be something I am doing wrong!
funny that you should mention that, nicki. the reason why i know i can trust him not to look is that I would totally peek, and it drives him INSANE, so he is super-refusing-to-spoil-surprises man now.
megan, i'd love to hear more about your past v-days thing--i'll have to check your blog & hope you give more info about it there!
trina, i also hope you post about anniversary ideas, since i'm always looking for those!
MB, hope the hw goes well and the killer headache goes away...and you manage to get to the game. are you playing or watching?
joanna, i'll send you my address right now! and i love the idea of a valentine's lunch.
and necia...i don't know! happy magic, i suppose. :-)
david was actually disappointed in my lack of valentine enthusiasm. his argument went something like this: "well, we remember and worship Christ all year, right? we don't really NEED christmas to recognize Him, right? but we have christmas anyway and it's special. and even though i love you all year and try to be romantic all year, i kind of like having a special day set aside to show you how much i love you!"
how can a girl argue with that?
so he's going to grill us some steaks for a backyard dinner with candles and music and (hopefully) dancing.
any suggestions of things i can do for him?
That sounds delicious Rachael! Yumm, I'm hungry! The wonderful part about doing 14 days of little Valentines means that I don't have to plan anything big on the big day. Tomorrow I'll be making him a cheesecake with cherries on top in the shape of a heart. Gotta love tasty traditions. Our anniversary is Tuesday so we'll be getting a babysitter Saturday for dinner and a movie.
We're having dinner tomorrow night after the kids go to bed, complete with Turtle Cheesecake, and watching movies cause that's what his Valentines gift is. Then on Friday night we're getting a baby sitter and heading into the city which hasn't happened since last November. We're getting dinner at TGIFridays and then we'll go shopping. Yea for getting out of the house!
Last night Rosalind said "Oh, I was going to get a bag of kisses to hand out to my friends for Valentine's Day." Dad said, "When is Valentine's Day?" Then he turned to me and said "Are we getting each other anything for Valentine's Day." I reassured him we are not, though I actually might get him a neti pot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg, if you really want to know). I heard on NPR it is amazingly effective against sinus infections. How's that for romantic?
gr'ma colleen sez: papa had flu and it kept snowing so I couldn't get out for eight days so sent him one of the cards I sent you w/no present and he gave me the same card he bought years ago and was too expensive so i said don't ever do this again and he has saved and used the same card ever since. luv gt'ma
Post a Comment