What do you love about your life right now? Or what's making you smile this Monday morning? Or what's made you count your blessings this week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are the trip I did not take, you are the pearls I could not buy, you are my blue Italian lake, you are my piece of foreign sky.
"What a happy woman I am living in a garden, with books, babies, birds, and flowers, and plenty of leisure to enjoy them!"
--Elizabeth von Arnim
from Elizabeth and Her German Garden (1898)
Thanks for visiting! I'm a happy wife and mother to six delightfully mischievous children. I fill my early mornings with university teaching and spend the rest of the day finding joy in my children, my garden, and my kitchen. I love running & reading, planning new adventures, trying out new recipes, and watching my children discover their world. This is my blog: be prepared for lots of pictures, lots of foodie talk, and lots of ruminations on my continually evolving philosophies on parenting, eating, and living.
Please comment!!! (I hate that talking-to-the-void feeling). Or feel free to email me at theirchronicles@gmail.com.
17 comments:
I love that it is sunny and 65 degrees outside. (And also that it rained last night.) I love that I've started feeling my baby move. I love that my husband is more excited about his thesis/work than I've ever seen him.
all my tulips have sprouted and are stretching their leaves. i got to sleep in today. (hooray for dead presidents!) i splurged on this iron and wine album on a whim and it's breathtaking. and david will be home in half an hour.
I like that BOTH of my kids slept through the night (it's usually one or the other) and I'm cleaning my room for the first time in a VERY long time.
Oh, and by the way, she's looking very grown up!
No school today! I get to work instead, as soon as I can force myself to buckle down.
Going apartment-shopping with my (hopefully) future roommates!
Mom's coming tomorrow!
I'M GOING TO LAW SCHOOL!
Also, I have no idea why Google/Blogger keep giving me weird names. ><
Aubrey started eating grown up food this weekend, and it's so fun:) We actually just shared a tuna fish snadwich together. It makes me smile to see her learn and try new things.
Also, one thing that is making me VERY happy at the moment is the fact that Matt is 2 months away from graduation!
Ian actually slept the whole night in his own bed last night(!!!!!!), and he is taking a nap as we speak. Thank goodness for play dates that wear your children out.
I closed the box office today! I'm going to see Mary Beth and Ruth! I made it safely to Michigan City and tomorrow I'll ride the bus through Chicago rush hour traffic in the snow, and I don't have to drive!
I love this picture of Jules. What makes me happy today is that we got to go to COSI's SWEET kiddie play land for free per a nice friend.
I love being able to travel, to be spontaneous, and the fact that my life is nothing like i thought it would be at the age of 25, but even so i wouldn't change one thing b/c it is better than i anticipated!
one of my friends made me laugh today--he came up and leaned on my locker and told me that he learned where my namesake came from...apparently the woman who discovered DNA was named Rosalind, too. "and they even spelled it right!" i pretended to be interested and gratified, then turned away and laughed heartily as soon as he was out of earshot. :) i suppose he meant it as a compliment.
I am grateful for modern medicine. Tyson has been sick today. I've been happy to hold him and sleep on the bed with him all day because he needed/wanted his mommy. He's had a small fever most of the day. I'm a little worried, but it reminded me of Joseph and Emma Smith. They and others of that day lost so many children from a small sickness that we wouldn't worry about today. I'm grateful to have health insurance and be able to take him in to the doctor tomorrow.
I live in Seattle and it's SUNNY! Seriously, it doesn't happen often. People are singing in the streets. Ok, just me, but everyone really is happier!
I love how I actually set an appointment (and kept it)with my scriptures while I let my 2 year old watch Dora the Explorer.
I love my wife and children and the gospel that makes life more than just a fleeting moment of joy.
I also love the spark in your kids voices when I call to check on sprained knees.
I love the woman that you are choosing to be. Dad
these are great, everyone! just the little dose of happiness I need on this gloomy gray morning. Keep 'em coming! :-)
Post a Comment