Wednesday, February 27, 2008

today

this morning the book alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day was sort of running through my head like a mantra.

why?

point one: due to illness, i canceled my classes for the first time EVER.

point two: juliet rolled off my bed.

point three: abigail got up a total of four times in the middle of the night.

point four: juliet woke up at 5 am and screamed for who knows how long.

point five: abigail took one look at my slumped-over posture and teary face this morning and yelled "please i want to go to Elise's house NOW! NOW, please!!"

but then again...

point six: i am beginning to be able to breathe again through my nose. this is a definite improvement.

point seven: today Abigail had Joy School, so I had a blissful hour of quiet this morning while Jules napped.

point eight: the pediatrician reassured me that my child is probably just fine.

point nine: there is fresh bread baking in my oven.

point ten: when I spontaneously burst into tears throughout the morning, I had both sympathetic children and friends who offered hugs. thank you andrea and kathleen for also helping me to think rationally about juliet's bed-rolling.

point eleven: i am now going to go to sleep.

point twelve: sorry about the whining. sometimes it's inevitable.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh Rach, get some rest! And then eat some of your yummy warm homemade bread.

Crapos said...

Don't sweat the bed. Both of my kids have fallen off many objects and they're fine. Kids are kind of springy.

Aubrey said...

My little Hyrum fell off the bed (did a back flip) yesterday. It happens. They move so fast! Good thing babies recover quickly!

Mack Hardy said...

I'm sorry, it's still kind of funny for me to read about you being a mom and such... I hope you feel better really soon! (And I want some bread!)

Andrea said...

I'm glad to hear Juliet is okay. I was about to email you to ask how she was doing and then I thought, "hey,I could read her blog and probably find out." I'm sorry you had such a rotten day. Some days are like that! I hope you get feeling better soon.

tricki_nicki said...

I'm glad to hear you had friends to make you feel better. It's always awkward to call visiting teachers, even thought that's what they're there for!

Get better!

Kathryn Cooper said...

You inspire me! I think I'm going to make home-made bread today (the doe part will be in the bread machine of course). I can't believe you made bread while sick. Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. Isn't it amazing how grateful we become for our healthy bodies when we're sick. I remember praying and saying I'll never take for granted my healthy body again if you make me well again. Hah! I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be making deals with the Lord. I still get reminders to be grateful for a healthy body throughout the year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails