Wednesday, August 24, 2011

lunch blog

For those who asked, you can find the lunch blog here.  Disclaimer:  I am NOT one of those super creative bento bloggers who cuts things into bunny-ears shapes and whatnot.  And I've only been packed eight school lunches, so an expert I am not, but I do find it helpful to record combinations and ideas, so that's what this is. (Comments with suggested lunches would be very welcome!  :-) 

A couple of notes:  I bought a small thermos container for sending hot/cold items that so far seems to work really well.  I also bought a couple dozen small lidded containers that are nicely sized for child-sized portions; I like to pack her lunch in the afternoon when she gets home from school and pop it in the 'fridge so it's one less thing I have to worry about in the morning.  And as you'll probably notice if you click over, she really does well with small munchable fruits/veggies, so that's mostly what I've been sending (things that I would like to send that she doesn't like:  beans (the protein-rich variety, not the green stringed version) and string cheese...we're still working on finding good protein sources.

4 comments:

Dani said...

thank you!

Anonymous said...

If she likes nuts that would be a great protein and easy to pack. There is a website I really like - www.thekitchn.com - that has some creative ideas. Love, Aunt Pam

Rachael said...

GREAT idea, Aunt Pam! Thank you--that will be perfect! And I'll check out the link as well.

Kayli said...

Nutella is made of nuts and nuts are protein rich, so basically Nutella is golden. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails