Friday, February 22, 2008
my honey
Yesterday this man came home and found me surrounded by sobbing overtired children (they both skipped naps for some horrific unknown reason) trying frantically to spoon dinner into Juliet's mouth, convince Abigail that broccoli tastes better cooked than frozen, and set the table for dinner. When we were restored to peace and eating our tasty tikka masala, my sweetie looked over at me and said the following:
"You know, I was riding the bus home today and thinking about my research and I thought, gosh, Rachael would be so much better at getting all this done than I am. Maybe she should be the one going to school right now. But then I thought, wait a minute, the most important work in our family isn't doctoral research. And I'm so glad that the more intelligent, talented, and capable person in our marriage is the one who is raising our children."
Wasn't that so sweet?
That's why I married that man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ok, so I'm a little misty-eyed after reading that. A mother couldn't ask for a better compliment from her husband than that.
What an amazing husband! It seriously reminds me of Brian, and how well he praises me as a mother (even though it's very new to me). Don't you just love them? It's always good to have some reaffirmation that we are doing things right!
wow. you sure know how to pick 'em!!!
...seriously though...
i always thought i would hate an arranged marriage...but you know what? i wouldn't mind you setting me up with someone...
...not that i need it...lol
i love u all
He is so sweet! And, about that tikka masala, it's still a family favorite at our house!
Post a Comment