Saturday, February 02, 2008
parenting, Neil style
Me: "Abigail, don't sit on the dryer door."
Abigail not moving: "Why?"
Me: "Because it will break, and Mommy will be sad."
Neil: "And you will have to wear wet clothes. Wet, wet clothes. They will come out of the washer dripping wet and we'll hang them outside to get the water off, and then they'll freeze because it's so cold outside, and we'll take them inside and they'll be ICE PANTS! And we'll put ICE PANTS on your little backside! You want some ice pants, Abigail?"
Abigail practically breaks the sound barrier getting off the dryer door.
And that, my friend, is why I'm grateful there are two of us in this parenting business.
Abigail not moving: "Why?"
Me: "Because it will break, and Mommy will be sad."
Neil: "And you will have to wear wet clothes. Wet, wet clothes. They will come out of the washer dripping wet and we'll hang them outside to get the water off, and then they'll freeze because it's so cold outside, and we'll take them inside and they'll be ICE PANTS! And we'll put ICE PANTS on your little backside! You want some ice pants, Abigail?"
Abigail practically breaks the sound barrier getting off the dryer door.
And that, my friend, is why I'm grateful there are two of us in this parenting business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Gotta love the way dads think!
well played, neil. well played.
Hahaha. That totally sounds like something Matt would say! Dad's are great:)
So funny! Were you laughing as hard as I am right now??
I started laughing and had to read this out loud to Jared. Too funny!
oh and I deleted the last comment because I was accidentally signed in as Jared.
That is so funny...as is the story below. Us future parents need that kind of info!
Post a Comment