Wednesday, February 06, 2008
some political bits
In the aftermath of Super Tuesday (and now that I'm really starting to re-analyze who I support)...have you heard about this?
Goodbye to All That (#2) by Robin Morgan of the Women's Media Center
I'm not arguing for Hillary Clinton, per say, but I think Morgan makes some darn good points about the double standards that this election has set up. I don't totally align with Clinton--I like both Obama and Romney, but I'm not crazy about any one of the three--but I found this to be a very thought-provoking essay.
And if you haven't read it previously, check out Hillary Clinton's "Women's Rights are Human Rights" speech delivered to the 1995 UN Convention on Women in Beijing. Talk about effective rhetoric.
Goodbye to All That (#2) by Robin Morgan of the Women's Media Center
I'm not arguing for Hillary Clinton, per say, but I think Morgan makes some darn good points about the double standards that this election has set up. I don't totally align with Clinton--I like both Obama and Romney, but I'm not crazy about any one of the three--but I found this to be a very thought-provoking essay.
And if you haven't read it previously, check out Hillary Clinton's "Women's Rights are Human Rights" speech delivered to the 1995 UN Convention on Women in Beijing. Talk about effective rhetoric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very interesting article by Morgan. She raises some great points. I'm still not voting for Hillary but it has nothing to do with her gender. And it is shameful that sexism is allowed more than racism.
Hillary's the Man! Um, I mean--hmm, how come males are men and females are girls? You go girl! What would it be like to have a brilliant, empathetic, capable president who has committed her life to public service, learned from her mistakes and become wiser as a result? Unlike anything we've seen for years!
wow.
Post a Comment