Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Um...oops

Today I was feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. Teaching classes? Check. Grading? Check. Cleaning bathrooms? Check. Three miles on the treadmill, paying bills, visiting teaching, laundry? Check, check, check, check. So on top of it all.

Then when I put Abigail down for her nap, she said, "Oh dolly, you're still not done with your carrot. You need to hurry up."

How is it that I missed the fact that her doll was "eating" a nasty dried-up piece of carrot for the last four days? When was the doll fed? And where was I? And how many other stuffed animals and dolls were tenderly encouraged to eat bits of peas and corn and carrots while I wondered vaguely where all these ants were coming from in the middle of winter?

4 comments:

Crapos said...

Hey, nobody's perfect. And I want to know how you did all that in one day. And I'm serious. When I manage to have a long list of things to check off, I inevitably feel like I have neglected my children. I don't spend any quality time with them. Then there's today, when I haven't done anything but just maintain and take care of everyone's needs and still haven't spent much quality time with them.

Rachael said...

ah. here is my secret: today was Joy School (and I went visiting teaching yesterday). So I just had Jules in the morning and I worked like a crazy woman.

And I am SO with you. I have "work" days, and I have "good mommy" days. I just hope they even out. Yesterday, for instance, was a "good mommy" day, and man, my house was a MESS by the end. I vacuumed while they ate breakfast, and that was all that got done all day...Neil beat me home from visiting teaching and I totally had nothing ready for dinner!

In general, though, I do most of my housework and things like that while they're eating. At least that way my laundry gets folded, my kitchen gets clean, and the living room gets picked up...I've gotten very very fast at eating!!

Katrina said...

Yikes! I'm still totally impressed though at all you accomplish during the day.

tricki_nicki said...

Wow, that's amazing. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I read your list! I don't get half of that done on a good day! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails