Thursday, August 18, 2011
A List of Things I Know I Shouldn't Do, But Do Anyway, And Probably Will Until I Die
1) Take my running shoes off without unlacing them.
2) Eat chips and salsa in my (all white) bed.
3) Throw my clothes on the floor every night after obsessing all day about the cleanliness of my house (and then pick them up every morning).
4) Jump on my bed, because I bought it, and if I break the springs, well, I bought it.
5) Stay up too late reading (like every night) because I want some "me time."
6) Allow my kids to check out as many library books as they want without using a sensible limit like one per year of age or something like that.
7) French fries. (one of the best days of my life was when we went to Waterloo and it started pouring rain and so we ended up at this tiny little cafe table with two ENORMOUS orders of frites, which in France are double-fried in animal fat, which is so unhealthy but So. Amazingly. Good. Plus in France they take their frites really seriously and they have about 1000 different things you can dip them in).
8) Spend hours and hours planning and researching elaborate projects, buy all the materials, and then sit back and watch Neil do all the work.
9) Use Amazon to distract myself when I am doing something on the computer I really loathe and dread (like grading).
10) Order the same thing over and over at restaurants because I know I like it and I'm afraid of getting something I will hate and have to pay for it anyway.
11) Cheese. (see above entry on French fries.)
2) Eat chips and salsa in my (all white) bed.
3) Throw my clothes on the floor every night after obsessing all day about the cleanliness of my house (and then pick them up every morning).
4) Jump on my bed, because I bought it, and if I break the springs, well, I bought it.
5) Stay up too late reading (like every night) because I want some "me time."
6) Allow my kids to check out as many library books as they want without using a sensible limit like one per year of age or something like that.
7) French fries. (one of the best days of my life was when we went to Waterloo and it started pouring rain and so we ended up at this tiny little cafe table with two ENORMOUS orders of frites, which in France are double-fried in animal fat, which is so unhealthy but So. Amazingly. Good. Plus in France they take their frites really seriously and they have about 1000 different things you can dip them in).
8) Spend hours and hours planning and researching elaborate projects, buy all the materials, and then sit back and watch Neil do all the work.
9) Use Amazon to distract myself when I am doing something on the computer I really loathe and dread (like grading).
10) Order the same thing over and over at restaurants because I know I like it and I'm afraid of getting something I will hate and have to pay for it anyway.
11) Cheese. (see above entry on French fries.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I fail to see how numbers 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 11 are things you shouldn't do. French fries on occasion? A glorious treat. And if Neil is anything like David, he'd rather do things himself anyway. :)
This reminds me... On Wednesday David thanked me for introducing him to more kinds of cheese in our four years of marriage than he'd ever eaten in his entire life. My thought? "Rachael would be so proud."
This list made me laugh! I order the same thing everytime we go to a restaurant too. I don't even open a menu anymore. Nice to know I am not alone. :)
Super jealous about number two. Rob won't let me eat in the bed. Not even if I'm sick. Not even if it's not crumbly. Not even if it's ice cream.
Post a Comment