Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are the trip I did not take, you are the pearls I could not buy, you are my blue Italian lake, you are my piece of foreign sky.
"What a happy woman I am living in a garden, with books, babies, birds, and flowers, and plenty of leisure to enjoy them!"
--Elizabeth von Arnim
from Elizabeth and Her German Garden (1898)
Thanks for visiting! I'm a happy wife and mother to six delightfully mischievous children. I fill my early mornings with university teaching and spend the rest of the day finding joy in my children, my garden, and my kitchen. I love running & reading, planning new adventures, trying out new recipes, and watching my children discover their world. This is my blog: be prepared for lots of pictures, lots of foodie talk, and lots of ruminations on my continually evolving philosophies on parenting, eating, and living.
Please comment!!! (I hate that talking-to-the-void feeling). Or feel free to email me at theirchronicles@gmail.com.
14 comments:
Just take a leave of absence until you figure out how to handle life with four kids and everything else you are doing! I love reading your blog even if you super slow down on writing on it. That's my two cents. :) Good luck. I get the feeling from your recent posts you're trying not to drown in all you have to do. You can do this! You're Rachael, for heavens sake. You can always figure it out eventually.
This makes me sad! Hope you are doing ok.
Trying to be supportive, but all I want to say is "No! Please don't go away! This is one of the high points of my day!"
I love reading your blog. You make me feel normal (and not very productive:))
If you delete your blog, at some point you'll regret it. (Speaking from experience here, though the things I deleted weren't blogs...) Go ahead and take a hiatus for as long as you need! Love you and hope things get calmer for you. You're strong: you can do it!
Hope you're okay--give yourself a break. Life with a newborn and three other kids shouldn't be normal.
please don't delete! I love your blog - it's one of my absolute favourites to read.
Take all the time you need; we'll be here when you're ready.
Amen to everybody else. Take your time... we love you and we love your blog!
I have nothing new to add. Please come back eventually.
if you deleted your blog, i would never see your kids grow!! i've said before, i'm addicted to your blog and i can't tell you enough how sad i would be. my roommate sarah even reads it when i'm gone and don't read it aloud to her!! I MISS YOU!
Why would you delete?
listen to everyone else. don't delete. but take a break. i did that unofficially for most of may and june... ok and july and now i'm feeling ready to get back to it more regularly. breaks are good.
I love your blog, especially since you are a gifted writer and you appreciate good books for your kids (as a parent of a girl your age and as a retired reading specialist/elem teacher I love that your enjoy some of the same books I do). I also enjoy reading about enlightened Mormans since I am not one but am intrigued by the strong family bonds I have seen among them. Believe me, you are superior to a reknown one who is linked to your blog! Take all the time you need, but do not delete. I have so much admiration for you.
I hope you come back - I'll miss reading your updates.
Post a Comment