Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sunday night Settlers


Every single Sunday night after the kids go to bed, Neil and I play Settlers of Cataan (our favorite is to play Cities and Knights).  I look forward to this all week--I love playing with just the two of us because the game goes super fast and we can just hang out together for a couple of hours.  The best part about playing on Sunday night is that we don't feel the pressure to be doing anything else--nobody's thinking about homework or working or doing laundry or mowing the lawn like we would any other night of the week.  All we have to do is just be together (and maybe eat something tasty).

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

That's too cute! Like a date night. Well done!!

Chad said...

So does that smile mean a win for Neil?

Crapos said...

I love Sundays after bedtime! We've played Cities and Knights too but often we have a book that we're reading together. Right now it's Choke by Obert Skye (awful book which is why we're still reading it a year later) and Beyonders by Brandon Mull. We've got Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson up next.

Rachael said...

So that's kind of funny--I'm selling all my Obert Skye books so I can buy Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series instead. :-) And I just finished Beyonders!

Related Posts with Thumbnails