Wednesday, July 27, 2011

happy birthday to me

First of all, thank you all SO much for your comments on my last post.  I have seriously reread them half a dozen times.  Thank you. 

And I'm back again for a bit, because I want to remember this forever and ever.

So it was my birthday today, and the events were not very fun (car-shopping and then Isaac starting a fever.  Seriously, I hate car shopping so much that I was literally hunched over on the floor tonight rocking back and forth trying not to throw up from the stress.  Dramatic a little?  Yes.  But spending that much money on a conveyance that could kill my family if I choose wrong really stresses me.) 

Anyway.  My husband is the best thing ever.  He got up at 6 am to make me breakfast (after staying up until midnight making his secret swirly chocolate cheesecake that was soooo good).  And then just when everything was truly truly awful today, I got this in my email.  Some of the pronunciation is a little odd ("hexagons") and there are some inside jokes (once we were driving through Iowa in the middle of the night and we both simultaneously and spontaneously started singing the Menards jingle--and we occasionally have dance-offs in our kitchen to see who can come up with the most awkward and dumb-looking moves--think Elaine on Seinfeld), so it may not be as funny to everyone as it was to me, but boy, do I love that man.  I'm even looking forward to spending all day tomorrow looking at more overpriced cars, because I get to do it with him.  (And Luke.  And maybe Isaac if he is still feverish--just discovered that, Mom.)

4 comments:

Meghan said...

That was great, and Dad laughed out loud several times. We're excited to see you today; Isaac and Rosalind can be sick together (just a little surprise).

sarah said...

that was so funny and cute! I laughed at the "i've been working out! ... or maybe I shrunk them in the dryer."

Happy birthday!

Dani said...

Happy Birthday!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Rachael!

Related Posts with Thumbnails