Friday, October 09, 2009

are you reading this one yet?


image via Little Green Notebook

just discovered a fabulous blog that is right up my DIY-dreaming alley, Little Green Notebook, via Say Yes to Hoboken (also a great blog--one of my favorite things about it is all the great links).
Here's what I really really like about Little Green Notebook--it not only shows you the before and after photos of the project, but gives step-by-steps on how to do it. Like this.
So this afternoon, I'm heading to the home improvement store to pick up a few new shades of paint, since I was inspired by this post. And I am excited (and hopefully I'll have some photos to post in the next week or so).
Have you ever painted furniture before? Any tips you'd like to share? And I'd really love to hear about any sources for design inspiration you have--I'm just now starting to feel like I can tackle all the projects I've had on hold for the last 12 months. I've been working on the girls' room sloooowly over the last year while I've been agonizing over my own.

So. Share your tips, advice, and links, please! And happy Friday! We spent the morning driving through the rain to an orchard, which was just about perfect. Loved the graveled country roads, the rain sheeting against the windshield, and the glorious fall colors, plus the two little voices singing along happily to The Magic Flute and Christmas with the Chipmunks ("Mommy, you know those aren't really chipmunks singing, right? Because I don't think chipmunks can sing.")

4 comments:

Dani said...

Thanks for cluing me in to that AWESOME blog! I've gotten so much inspiration from it and can't wait to try my hand at some of the projects and ideas. Thank you, thank you!

Crapos said...

Yes, I've looked at the Notebook before. Fun, huh? And what are you painting? I just picked up an old dresser with this really cool geometric design on the front. I'm repurposing it as an entertainment center. I got the idea just from reading Design*sponge over time. Can't wait to pick the colors for it. We have painted furniture before. Definitely prime first and I'm going to spray next time rather than use brushes/rollers.

Crapos said...

http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/02/how-to-paint-furniture/ Here's a nice how-to link for painting by they way.

Erica said...

so fun! thanks for sharing the decorating blog. I'm always on the look out for new blogs.

i've painted several things and i have to tell you - it will become quite addicting!!! have fun and be sure to share some pics.

check out my crafting/decorating blog for lots of links to some of my favorite blogs.
www.snippetsofwonderful.blogspot.com

have fun - can't wait to see your fun projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails