Monday, June 13, 2011

i don't know where my camera is

We had such a nice weekend.  Unfortunately I have no idea where the camera is, so no pictures, but it was lovely nonetheless. 

Neil and I went on a date Friday night, and we bought ourselves some goodies at the grocery store and cooked an elaborate little dinner for ourselves after the children were in bed.  It was so nice to be able to linger at our own candle-lit table and chat.  On Saturday morning Abigail and I got up early and went to the library book sale and the farmers' market together; it seems like it's so rare that we get to spend that one-one-one time together these days and it was a little jewel of a morning.  When we came home we did yard work and planted flowers and generally wore ourselves out, and Neil and I practically fell into bed at the end of the day.  Yesterday we had our first 9 am church in several years (hip hip hurray!!) which meant that everyone got long naps in the afternoon, we had time to cook a delicious dinner and go on a walk together, and then Neil and I played board games for hours after the kiddos were in bed (then Luke was up all night and the nice weekend was over).

Luke is getting enormous these days--he was one month old yesterday, and I'll be interested to see how much he weighs when we go in for his checkup tomorrow.  He's already pushing the limits of his 3-6 month clothes, and he's now wearing Isaac's diapers (another reason why I LOVE cloth diapers--I only need one size!!). 

1 comment:

Meghan said...

So...what was the elaborate little dinner? And I hope you find the camera before Nearly Wordless Wednesday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails