Monday, June 28, 2010

the good, the bad, and the ugly



It’s been an interesting week since I last blogged (yes, it really has been a week for me, since I wrote every single one of last week’s posts on Sunday night and then set them up to publish all week).

Interesting in a good way:  my parents, sister Ruth and her friend Emily, and my grandparents have all been visiting us this week.  Ruth lives in Utah and is moving to Hong Kong with her husband, so I haven’t seen her in ages and it was so nice to see her, plus her friend Emily was awesome (really and truly).  My kids loved having them here, especially since they were both willing to read endless stories aloud.  We had all kinds of fun—we went out for Indian food twice (!! Hurray!!), canned cherry jam, went swimming at my grandparents’ hotel, went to aerobics together, etc.  It was really great to just visit with everyone and consume ridiculous amounts of food.  Thank you all SO much for making the effort to visit us--we absolutely loved having you!!!!  (I just wish I'd taken more than four pictures.)




Interesting in a bad way:  my little family all has viral pneumonia.  I took Isaac to the doctor on Monday and then again on Saturday when he was worse rather than better.  We’ve been doing breathing treatments for him all week and on Saturday the pediatrician told us that he will need to continue breathing treatments twice a day for the next six weeks and then keep on once a day indefinitely.  This was really distressing to me.  Neil, Abigail, and Juliet have been sick all week, and I’m not sure whether I’m finally succumbing or whether I’m just crashing after the week of guests (when Isaac started screaming half an hour before my alarm went off this morning I started crying too).  



One not-so-awesome consequence of Isaac’s illness:  he was so cranky and so distressed by all the unfamiliar people in his space that he would scream frantically whenever he was not in my arms (this is not an exaggeration).


I probably won’t be blogging much for the next little while—I’m feeling pretty stretched. 

4 comments:

Dani said...

Rachael, I'm so sorry about your family feeling so awful. That's so hard! Hope you are all feeling well soon.

aLi said...

oh I hate the bad and the ugly. I loved your good stuff.
Good luck with litte Isaac's breathing treatments, poor fellow. :(

Meghan said...

Such a fun weekend. Thanks for putting up with the descent of the relatives upon your house. Emily and Ruth are looking at pictures right now and quoting the girls and missing them. Love you!

Neil said...

I'm Glad Isaac is feeling better. I think sleeping in helped us both.

Related Posts with Thumbnails