Tuesday, May 08, 2012

today we...


































...played dress-ups ("Fair Lady" and her brave cowboy "Mr. Isaac," who was out to save his fox from the nefarious Mommy, who kept draping him over doors so that Brave Isaac could shake him back down and say "I wescued my fots!  Do it again!")

































...lounged on Mommy's bed for a delicious post-nap cuddle in that blissful pool of sunshine that inhabits my bedroom every day around 3 pm...



 ...brought Daddy dinner so that we had an excuse to see him at some point that day (he happened to be out at the racetrack overseeing the final practice before they take the electric karts to race at the Indy Motor Speedway this weekend).  I packed up lots of apples and carrots and was just about to start making sandwiches when I thought that it would be fun to surprise Neil with a little something else...you should have seen his enormous grin when I pulled up and handed him an aromatic Papa John's box (love that 5.99 Tuesday special!).  The kids had a great time running around all over the bleachers with fistfuls of apples (although the mini first-aid kit that the girls made me for Christmas came in handy yet again!)
 I love, love, love, love this shot of Isaac.  He was sitting at the very tip-top of the bleachers and every time one of the karts zoomed past he would clap his little hands and say "Good dsob [job], guys!"  Every time.  I loved it.

































...then we went to the library and stocked up again...
 ...and then home again, home again, jiggety-jig, with lots of sudsy baths and stories to finish off the night.  (And hopefully my poor hard-working husband will be home soon, since he's been at work today for...16 hours.  But I'm caught up on blogging!)

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I GOT PAPA JOHN'S TODAY TOO. Sometimes it is just a miracle food.

And I'm so glad you guys went to see Neil for dinner, and had just a great day yourselves. I miss you! I can't wait to see you at the end of the month!

Kayli said...

That Isaac is absolutely sooooo handsome! In a cute, little boy way.
Have fun with all your books! I'd be jealous, but Brett is going to the States in June so I have been filling my amazon cart with mountains of books for him to bring home with him. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails