Thursday, July 03, 2008

Ruth and Jordan's open house

So four days later, my wireless signal has finally decided to behave and I can upload these pictures! Lots and lots of pictures.

First of all, here's Jordan. He sort of got mobbed by my children two and a half minutes after they met him.



And they were super excited to see Ruth too!



The lovely couple just prior to the guests' arrival...



...and comforting a grumpy Abigail who did NOT want to be welcoming people (she wanted to sleep on the couch).



Jules was pretty cranky about it too.



But not Elise!



The food was amazing. Really, quite amazing. Especially considering the fact that we made all of it (except the Brie, because we're not quite that amazing). The menu included baklava, cranberry, blueberry, and apple walnut breads, truffles, chicken salad wontons, crostini with Brie, bruchetta, or artichoke dip, and a cheeseball with crackers (my grandma's speciality--the cheeseball, not the crackers). As always, we made too much food and spent the next day gorging ourselves on baklava, Brie and artichoke dip. There are worse things in life.








One super fun thing about the weekend was the gathering of relatives--Jordan's mother and brothers drove in from Wisconsin, and my Uncle Kevin came down from New York! So fun.



We set up a sort of "info table" for those who were unfamiliar with the church and with temple marriage. I thought this was a really fabulous idea; we included the Proclamation on the Family, a book about the Salt Lake temple, a pamphlet on preparing to enter the temple, and several copies of the Ensign.



Okay...now some more people pictures.

Ruth holding one of the gorgeous flower arrangements



Elise and me



The two of us again (when we weren't making small talk or replenishing the food, we stood around and took pictures)



Abigail had better things to do--like plant herself in the central walkway and devour truffles



Then I made Neil pose for some pictures...



...while Abigail wandered away from the party and pretended to roast marshmallows.



Juliet spent a good hour sitting on the ground trying to eat mulch and grass, even though she had already eaten her weight in grapes.



When the party wound up, the girls crashed in the hammock...



...allowed themselves to be taken inside...



...and changed into their PJs just in time to watch a rainbow burst through the clouds (the rain held off until after the outdoor open house finished up. Talk about good timing!)


8 comments:

Autumn said...

OH I so enjoyed these pics. Where are the rest of your sisters? What a fun time!!! I've heard a lot about these two lovers lately. I haven't seen a recent pic of Elise-oh my she's darling. And her haircut is so fitting. lovely.

Kilerkki said...

MAN, I missed out. Food looks awesome, but I miss the people more--Ruth and Jordan had an absolute blast while they were there. So glad you're all coming out next week!

Rachael said...

Rosalind was at EFY and Mary Beth stayed in Utah so Rosalind would have a place to crash when EFY ended--but we missed them! And yes, I imagine Kristina would probably have shared lots of interesting stories about these two.

Rosalind said...

you are wearing my shirt. mine. mine shirt.

Rachael said...

yeah, i think you should just give the shirt to me, because remember when you made fun of my mommy clothes? so there.

um, i mean...thanks for letting me borrow it. although i did think it was Elise's when I originally borrowed it.

Meghan said...

Would that be because it had migrated to Elise's closet?

Katrina said...

Fun to see pics of your family. The food looks delicious!

lanada said...

i just want to know one thing: when did elise get all gorgeous?

and can i have some brie?

i guess that is two things...

Related Posts with Thumbnails