Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation Part II: Miscellaneous Utah

We've done so many fun things this week that it seems impossible to document them: a barbeque with Neil's family, Ruth's bridal shower, going with Ruth to receive her endowments, a camping trip with Neil's parents, sisters, brother-in-law, and nephews, etc. But I'll try to get some of this on in picture format!

Jules with her cousins Adam and Paige




Neil with his grandma



BYU! Hurray! And the Lee Library, one of my favorite places in the world!



The Maeser building, one of my faves on campus...gotta love the Honors devotionals and the food right afterwards. This is also the building where Neil and I met. Again, we love the honors program!



A view of the Y from Maeser quad...as a sidenote, it was crazy how different campus was. The Tanner building is now twice as big, the JKHB is totally gutted and redone (and my offices have disappeared!), the alumni building is gone and rebuilt, the Knight Magnum building is leveled to the ground, and half the landscaping has changed. Crazy.



The Conference Center in Salt Lake



Salt Lake temple--Ruth received her endowments on Tuesday and I saw my first live session. Very interesting. And the rooms in the SL temple were gorgeous! This is the temple where my parents were married, and it's always been one of my favorites.



One of my favorite things on the temple (on all the temples) is this reminder: Holiness to the Lord, the House of the Lord. If you click on the picture, you can probably read it on the gold placard in the middle.


Lunch at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building...


...where Juliet tried to dive in the fountain



Ruth and Jordan



Hiking up the backside of Timp on a family campout



Lots of wildflowers, almost burying our tent!



The aspen groves...









My nephew T.C. created this sweet armor out of Frisbees. I loved it!



Hiking up to Timpanogos Cave the next day with Neil's sister Malinda. It was a serious hike: 1.5 miles long (one way) with an elevation gain of 1,065 feet. Add two children (who need to be carried) to that equation and you have got yourself a really good workout. When we actually entered the caves, I think we were about fifty feet from the top of the cliff. It was a loooong way up.







Malinda helping Abigail climb off our picture-posing rocks


Inside the cave: the famous "Heart of Timpanogos" (I took some other pictures in the cave, but they're really only interesting if you've been there)

1 comment:

Kritta22 said...

Wow you guys are busy like us when we're on vacation! How fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails