This morning after our blue star sprinkle-studded pancakes, Neil took off for the lab.
An hour later (just as I was getting out of my post-workout shower) I heard a loud thud and he walked in again (scaring the daylights out of me, needless to say).
Apparently, since his labs (the only ones to which he has keys) are all in the process of things being moved around and he's working in another temporary lab, he was locked out of everything and nobody else was there. So for the first time in the three 4th of Julys that we've been here...he actually (under duress) took the day off. Crazy, I know.
So we decided to go cash in on some of our summer reading prizes--we went to the teeny tiny local zoo and do the kiddie rides (for free! thank you libraries!) and then go to Chick-Fil-A and use the summer reading coupons. And get some hand-spun milkshakes...oh how I love Chick-Fil-A. If only all fast food could be yummy like that.
...and the boats...
...and the helicopter. Notice how Abigail's the only kid on the rides? Pretty sweet.
Speaking of Abigail, we had this gem of a conversation a couple of days ago:
Me: Abigail, do you have hiccups?
2 comments:
Look how big your baby looks in that last picture! I spent mine making a homemade cherry pie that I burned while broiling the stars on top. Ohhhhh the unfairness of it all!
Gosh, I can't believe you're a mom! It's so nuts to see all these pics, you're still beautiful too. Looks like a fun housefull!
Post a Comment