Thursday, May 15, 2008

happy parents' day


Tonight we went and picked up our collective Mother's/Father's Day present, a Trek Go Bug (quite exciting because it was special-ordered and then we had to drive an hour and a half away to go get it...so we've been looking forward to this for some time now).
Anyway, I am SUPER EXCITED!!!!!! So are the girls. :-) Hurrah! Last summer Abigail and I biked all over the place (which was fun being 8 months pregnant and toting her on the child seat strapped to my bike) and we totally loved it. It's great to be able to go out and have fun without paying through the nose for gas, plus we live a few miles away from lots of playgrounds so it's great exercise for me with a fun interlude for the girls. And while we haven't tried out the trailer yet with the kids in it, I must say I'm very impressed with the construction. Sleek, light, and smart!

4 comments:

Crapos said...

So what made you go with that one? It's pretty cool looking!

Aubrey said...

That looks like so much fun!

Rachael said...

we picked this one after reading a million reviews and talking to a lot of friends and bike shop owners. it's a bit expensive, but I felt like it was worth it to spend more on something that is responsible for my children's safety, is going to be dragging behind my bike (hence lightness is key!) and will probably be used for years.

one thing i really like about the design is the roll bar on the top--the design keeps your kids safer in the event that there is an accident. it also has more ventilation than any of the other trailers I looked at. and it has a helmet "shelf," and the kids' seats are sling-style rather than sitting on a bar or bench.

Lindsay said...

Oh, I want one too. Have fun with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails