Friday, May 30, 2008

I stand corrected

Here's what's worse than a sick kid on date night:

Taking one sick kid with you to the mall while the other one goes to date night babysitting.

Then the mall locks down because a tornado has touched down in the western half of the city...which is where your child is.

Also, your neighborhood's main street is nicknamed "Tornado Alley."

Also, you have no cell phone. Not that you could hear anything over the sirens anyway.

And the stoplights are out as you drive home (the tornado warning is now just a watch) and there's a LOT of water on the road and dumping down on you. Oh, and there's so much water dumping down that it's shorting out things in your engine for the first few minutes of the drive and the car keeps dying.

Fortunately all is well, and because everyone is a bit edgy, an unofficial family party ensues when you get home. Popcorn and chocolate cookies and perhaps a princess movie. And some serious thank-you prayers.

4 comments:

Kilerkki said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you're all okay.

I'll be saying prayers for you tonight, too.

necia said...

I get nervous enough when the tornado sirens go off when my kids are with me. I can't imagine what it would feel like to be separated. I am so glad everything is ok. Tell me why did we all move to the midwest again?

Heatherbelle said...

We were watching out our window and saw the clouds starting to funnel and it totally freaked me out, but you must have been even more scared than we were! At least we were together.
-On another note: Miles had a fever for 2-3 days straight, but no other symptoms except that he was so fussy and wasn't eating well. I took him to the doctor yesterday and he said Miles had a viral throat infection. They said they've seen a lot of cases this week of the same thing and I know Jake Tanner had it as well. Maybe that is what Juliet has? Nothing to do but put up with the crankiness! :(

Katrina said...

Scary! I'm glad you guys made it home alright.

Related Posts with Thumbnails