Wednesday, May 07, 2008

my funny pie


Today we went shoe-shopping to replace the sandals I killed a few weeks ago (no, I didn't buy the pictured shoe, Abigail just thought it was cute when we looked for pictures of shoes).

Anyway, when we were walking down the aisles, Abigail looked at all the single shoes on display and gasped in horror. Her little eyes grew wide, and with a tragic tone to her voice she gasped out, "Mommy! Mommy!"

Concerned, I asked, "Honey, what is it?" and she replied, "Oh Mommy...look at all these shoes! All the girls lost their shoes and they will be so so sad because they forgot where their shoes are and left them all here! Oh Mommy, I am so sad for all the girls!"

I thought that was just about the cutest thing ever (a close second to her impassioned pleading a few minutes later that we "just gotta stop at the grocery store on the way home, 'cause we are all outta strawberries and ba-nilla yogurt and bunches of oats. And we just gotta get some more!")

And now you'll have to excuse me, because a swimming-suited little banshee just ran past the computer, and I think we're about to have some small people dancin' in the puddles outside if they're not caught soon! (although now that I think about it, that would be pretty fun).

3 comments:

tricki_nicki said...

I'm glad you got some new shoes! Those old ones were just a bad reminder of your little spill.

Abigail is such a little cutie!

Katrina said...

So what do your new shoes look like?

Rachael said...

let's just say they're good mom sandals, and they err on the side of comfort and sturdiness rather than cuteness. sigh. it was actually a kind of depressing shopping trip, since I couldn't justify getting the super-cute but not-good-for-chasing-down-toddler kind of shoes. someday we will graduate from school (so i can afford the cute ones) and my children will not run away from me (so i can wear the cute ones that don't stay on when you're running full speed to catch someone making a beeline for the road).

Related Posts with Thumbnails