Monday, May 19, 2008

what kind of a child am i raising here anyway?



Interesting things Abigail has said in the last two days:

  • Refusing to help at dinnertime: "Princesses don't help to set tables."
  • Looking around at the zoo: "I can't see the animals, but I can smell their butts" (this elicited some very wide eyes and smothered laughter from Neil and me).
  • And after being punished for shoving Juliet to the floor (deliberately), when Neil said, "Sweetie, if you are nice then people will want to play with you, but if you are mean, they will run away," she responded, "I don't want to be the nice girl. I want to be the beautiful one."

Parenthood: every day's an adventure.

6 comments:

lanada said...

"i don't want to be the nice girl. i want to be the beautiful one." wow. that is awesome.

Elise Decker said...

that is so funny! she sounds exactly like ruth!

tricki_nicki said...

Who wants to be nice when they can be beautiful? Pshh, not me.

She is so fun.

Jason & Melanie Morales Family said...

She sounds like a true princess! Thanks for all the ideas for our road trip- hopefully I'll have good news to report at the end of it!

Katrina said...

Ok, that last one has me stifling my laughter at work. Classic.

Autumn said...

Oh my word!!!! Silly girl-I'm hope-and am sure-she'll grow out of that. That is TOOO funny. I'm sure she'll be grateful you wrote that down!!! :) And the zoo comment? Seriously-she's hilarious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails