Saturday, May 31, 2008

baguettes


Today we biked to the playground and had a picnic for lunch (pictures from that later). And then we all came home and slept for a long time. And woke up with plenty of energy and ravenously hungry.
So we transformed our kitchen into a bistro and had a salad of mesclun and spinach (picked from the garden before dinner), grilled sirloin, sauteed asparagus, watermelon, and fresh baguettes for dinner.
Oh, the baguettes.
They're so decadent. And so delightfully within your grasp.
If you have flour, salt, yeast, and water, you should go make these now. Start a movie, and by the time it's over, you'll be eating delicious baguette, and you will have only done about ten minutes of actual "work."
I cannot even tell you how much I love bread. Mmm....bread. And baguettes top it all. When I was eating dinner tonight I closed my eyes and pretended I was back in Paris (except without the frites).

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I just wanted to let you know I made this and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - it was lovely and such a nice treat! thanks for the tips - i always thought bread was so much harder. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails