Friday, June 13, 2008

back to life

It's amazing what a weight is lifted with Enrichment being over (if that wasn't a grammatically mauled sentence, I don't know what is). I found it ironic that I was so worn out by a night designed to be relaxing and a spiritual well-filler (we had classes on refilling spiritual wells, using humor to uplift, and physical relaxation techniques, as well as making lavender and wheat hot packs and lavender and eucalpytus bath salts, plus tables full of veggies, crackers, and dippables for the chocolate fountains). After helping everyone else to relax, I had to roll my windows down on the way home to stay awake.

But then this morning I hopped out of bed, enjoyed a lovely breakfast & scripture time with my family, ran a couple miles, and had a productive phone meeting with a client. I feel alive again. And creative. And more like me.

On a side note, we had a really yummy (unplanned, because I was so exhausted I just...gave up) dinner last night: fresh tortillas (2 c. flour, 1 t. baking powder, 1/2 t. salt, 2 T. olive oil, 1/2 c. or so warm water, mix together, divide into 10 balls, roll out, fry on ungreased skillet for about 30 s. per side) rolled up around black beans, teeny chunks of pineapple, a squeeze of lime juice, a shake of cayenne pepper, plus fresh lettuce and cilantro from the garden. Absolutely divine.

4 comments:

danielle said...

Those pictures of the pudding fun are great! I want to play in a pool of pudding.

necia said...

You made HOMEMADE tortillas for dinner, and you call that giving up. You make me laugh!

Rachael said...

good point, necia! I laughed because i hadn't even thought of it that way. but then i felt a lot better about my dinner. :-)

necia said...

I think you are one of those moms who should never worry about whether or not you are doing enough. Every time I read your blog I notice how above and beyond you go for your family. Be proud of your accomplishments. Even the small ones.

Related Posts with Thumbnails